It is not uncommon for a survivor of childhood sexual abuse to keep the abuse a secret for many years. They may have tried to tell a trusted grown up and met resistance or felt there was no one that they could trust. There is no set timeline for breaking the silence but not matter what, the abuse was never the fault of the survivor.
What are my options?
- If you would like to talk to someone, please call our 24-hour confidential hotline 1-603-994-SAFE (7233).
- Our advocates can provide emotional support as well as local information and options in the event that you would like to pursue legal action against the perpetrator.
- Walk-in services are available as well as advocates can accompany you to the police station and courts. Please call our hotline to request an advocate or click here for walk-in hours.
- Support groups are available for childhood survivors. Please call the hotline or click here to learn more about our support groups including Trauma Sensitive Yoga.
- Please note our hotline is also available to the survivor’s partner and family members.
- You do not have to be in crisis to call.