Peer support groups can be a valuable part of the healing process for many victims/survivors of domestic and/or sexual violence. Participants can find strength, support, and validation by connecting with one another in a safe and confidential environment. Groups promote self-empowerment, reduce isolation, and provide a space to build on existing strengths.
- Understanding the impact of trauma
- Reducing stigma and shame
- Gaining coping skills
Support groups meet for an hour and a half once a week for eight weeks and are facilitated by trauma-informed, confidential advocates. All groups are free of charge.
How do I join a group?
- Print and fill out the HAVEN Support Group Interest Form and mail it to:
20 International Drive Suite 300
Portsmouth, NH 03801
- Call the HAVEN hotline at 603-994-7233 and ask for an interest form to be mailed to you. Interest forms may also be picked up/dropped off at our Portsmouth and Rochester offices.
- An advocate will call to confirm that we have received your interest form and answer any questions you may have.
- A group facilitator will reach out to you to set up a pre-group meeting to talk about what being in a support group is like and to help you determine if this will be beneficial for you at this time.
This is an adult peer support group with a focus on emotional health and safety for women who may currently be in an abusive relationship as well as those who may be looking to leave, or have already left their abusive situation.
- April 4th – May 23rd
- Tuesdays 6 – 7:30 pm
- Strafford County
This is an adult peer support group with a focus on empowerment and healing for women who have experienced sexual assault and/or abuse as a child, teen, or adult.
- May 2nd – June 20th
- Tuesdays 6 – 7:30 pm
- Rockingham County
HAVEN and SATYA have collaborated to offer a unique opportunity for the Seacoast, Trauma Sensitive Yoga. The classes are taught by Lisa Boldin, RYT (Trauma Sensitive Yoga facilitator and a Kripalu trained Ayurvedic practitioner), Rochelle Jewell, E-RYT (Kripalu Certified Yoga Teacher) and Sarah Sherman, RYT. HAVEN Advocates are available to provide additional support throughout the program.
Trauma Sensitive Yoga offers techniques such as mindful breathing and development of an upright, well supported spine without utilizing hands-on physical assists. TSY is a practice that is adaptable to all age groups and levels of physical abilities. It is a way to become more comfortable with one’s body in a safe, supportive and non-judgmental environment.
Our next round of sessions for adults runs from February 1st until April 26th. New attendees are welcome to join at any time and may attend at any or all of our TSY locations.
Wednesdays, Noon-1:00 pm
Wednesdays, 6:00-7:00 pm
Thursdays, 6:00 – 7:00 pm