HAVEN provides support services to a catchment of over 400,000 children, adults and families in Southeastern New Hampshire. As we strive to end violence and change lives, our work is possible because of the generosity of our supporters. Listed below are the ways that you can help. We encourage you to find a way to support our agency that best suits your needs. Please contact us if you have further ideas on how you would like to give back!
Checks can be made out to “HAVEN” and sent to 20 International Drive, Suite 300, Portsmouth, NH 03801.
Our clients are often working with us during a time of crisis and in addition to supporting them emotionally, HAVEN would like to be able to offer help with other basic needs such as gas, food, and clothing. Since we no longer receive emergency funding, a gift card for $25 will help provide a victim and their family with the basic essentials needed to survive.
We are currently very low on gas cards. Here is a list of businesses that would help our clients with their emergency needs:
Gulf Gas Station
Mobil Gas Station
Shell Gas Station
Coast Bus 15-ride punch tickets
Gift cards can be mailed or dropped off at 20 International Drive, Suite 300, Portsmouth, NH 03801.
Community members frequently ask us if there are items that they can donate to help our clients. Due to capacity, HAVEN only accepts donations that are currently needed to help support our programs. If there is a need, wish list items will be posted and we encourage you to check-in with our main office at 603-436-4107.
HAVEN Shelter Needs
Currently we are in need of two rear-facing convertible to front-facing car seats in new or nearly new condition, as well as 1-2 booster seats. Please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in donating one of these items.
- Blank journals or notebooks
- crochet/knitting supplies
- Personal Care items (Shampoo/Conditioner (Full Size only), Styling gel, lotion, razors, Tampons, Maxi pads, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Floss…
- Cleaning supplies (Lysol wipes, Lysol disinfectant spray, Dish soap, Dish washing soap, Laundry soap, Dryer sheets, Windex, Paper towels, Toilet Paper)
- Durable shower curtain liner, Kitchen Trash bags, Lawn Bags
- Plastic food storage containers
- Plastic wrap
- Aluminum foil
- Oven liner
- Cookie Sheets/ Cake Pans/ Bread Pan (reusable)
New or Gently Used
- Art supplies (for adults and kids) (Adult coloring books are very popular), beads for making jewelry
- Music is something that everyone loves (anything music related)
- PG/G Rated Non-violent DVD’s
- Kitchen blender
- Kitchen Mixer
- Stereo System for house or good cd/radio player