HAVEN provides support services to a catchment of over 400,000 children, adults and families in Southeastern New Hampshire. As we strive to end violence and change lives, our work is possible because of the generosity of our supporters. Listed below are the ways that you can help. We encourage you to find a way to support our agency that best suits your needs. Please contact us if you have further ideas on how you would like to give back!
Checks can be made out to “HAVEN” and sent to 20 International Drive, Suite 300, Portsmouth, NH 03801.
Many companies offer gift-matching when you donate to a charity. Ask your company if they participate in a gift-matching program and multiply your gift’s impact today.
Donate a gift of appreciated stock. To learn how, please contact Cheryl Van Allen at email@example.com or 603-436-4107 for transfer instructions.
When you choose to shop online, you can support HAVEN by using AmazonSmile. Name HAVEN as your charitable organization and Amazon will donate a percentage of your purchase price to our organization.
Our clients are often working with us during a time of crisis and in addition to supporting them emotionally, HAVEN would like to be able to offer help with other basic needs such as gas, food, and clothing. Since we no longer receive emergency funding, a gift card for $25 will help provide a victim and their family with the basic essentials needed to survive.
We are currently very low on gift cards. Here is a list of businesses that would help our clients with their emergency needs:
- Cumberland Farms
- Gulf Gas Station
- Mobil Gas Station
- Shell Gas Station
- Rite Aid
- Market Basket
- Trader Joe’s
Gift cards can be mailed or dropped off at 20 International Drive, Suite 300, Portsmouth, NH 03801.
Community members frequently ask us if there are items that they can donate to help our clients. Due to capacity, HAVEN only accepts donations that are currently needed to help support our programs. If donating, please be conscious expiration dates, even on “non-perishable” items.
If there is a need, wish list items will be posted and we encourage you to check-in with our main office at 603-436-4107.
HAVEN Shelter Needs
- Children’s Toothbrushes and Toothpaste
- Baby Shampoo
- Baby Lotion
- Arm & Hammer Disposable diaper bags
- Non-skid socks for children and adults
- Clear plastic storage bins (Ziploc Weathershield or other waterproof)
- Hand soap
- Hand sanitizer (full-size)
- Toilet Paper
- Paper Towels
- Laundry Soap
- Dish Soap
- Dishwasher Pods
- Copy Paper
New or Gently Used
- Baby board books
- Books for middle school age students
- Etch-a-sketch, rubik’s cubes & other hand manipulation puzzles
- Non-gender specific toys like: Legos, Mega-Blocks, Lincoln Logs, plastic animals & dinosaurs
- Children’s puzzles
- Arts & Crafts supplies (no beads)
- Games for the Wii system (nonviolent) dancing, activity, quiz show
- Music is something that everyone loves (anything music related)
- PG/G Rated Non-violent DVD’s