HAVEN is excited to bring Camp HOPE and Pathways Mentoring to NH families — Free of charge.
In 2021, HAVEN partnered with Camp HOPE America, the first evidence-based camping and mentoring program to focus on youth impacted by domestic violence, sexual assault, and trauma.
By building resilience in childhood, we can help mitigate the neurological effects of trauma on the developing brain.
Having HIGH HOPE is a major protective factor.
- Decreased depression and anxiety
- Increased optimism about the future
- Less struggle with behavior
- Higher school achievement
Pathway: The belief that your future can be brighter than your past.
Agency: The belief you play a role in making it happen.
Watch this video made by Camp Hope Texas to learn more about the impact this program has on building resiliency and hope in children.
By increasing HOPE we can help break the generational cycle of abuse
and give kids their childhoods back.
Builds a supportive, year-round community with fun events and activities for parents and kids alike. There will be ratio of 3 kids to 1 counselor/mentor. Programming will include camp-style activities: games, art, and outdoor adventures.
Kids feel safe, seen, heard, encouraged, and cared for.
Snacks and pizza will be a VERY important component of course!
Pathways for Parents
While the kids are working with their mentors, parents can hang around and will have their own fun, community building activities with other parents. This will focus on peer support and self-care.
Snacks, gift cards, and raffles will be included too of course!
Pathways mentoring will take place once a month on a weekday evening for 1-2 hours. Additional details will be coming soon.
Coming August 2023!
Camp HOPE is a weeklong sleep away camp for kids who have participated in Pathways Mentoring programming and are ready to jump in.
HAVEN will be partnering with an established summer camp to provide all the traditional camp activities:
- High ropes courses,
- Water sports,
- Rock climbing,
- Nightly campfires,
- And more!
To be eligible a child must be/have been…
- Impacted by domestic violence/sexual assault trauma, but not in immediate crisis
- Currently receiving supportive services (therapist, counseling, etc.)
- Able to reasonably self-regulate emotions
- Not acting out physically
- Living or residing in Rockingham or Strafford County, New Hampshire
- Aged 7-11
See below for referral/interest forms.
Refer an eligible child (see Participant Requirements above)
To refer a child as the parent/caregiver fill out this form.
To refer a child as a professional community partner (i.e. doctor, guidance counselor, therapist, etc.) fill out this form.
- Apply to be a Counselor (18-24)
- Apply to be a Volunteer Mentor (Ages 25+)
- Support the Program
- Pathways locations and Activities — To Be Announced!
- Help us spread the word! Share us on social media, through email, and talk with your friends, coworkers, and peers!
For more information, questions, or comments reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (603) 693-2006.