When you call our hotline, you will be connected with a trained advocate.
• Calls made to our 24-hour confidential hotline 1-603-994-SAFE (7233) Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., are answered by a trained advocate who will speak with you about your situation and your safety.
• Calls made to our hotline at night and on the weekends will be picked up by our answering service. The answering service will ask:
- If you would like to speak with an advocate
- Your first name
- A phone number that you can be reached at
- If it is safe to leave a message
You will then receive a call from an advocate from HAVEN within 10 minutes. If you don’t feel comfortable leaving your name and phone number with the answering service you can request to be patched directly to an advocate.
• Relay for the deaf and hard of hearing: (888) 735-2964 (or 711).
- Advocates provide judgement-free emotional support for anyone impacted by domestic and sexual violence and stalking.
- Advocates assist with local referrals and information about your options, walk-in services and support groups.
- When requested and when appropriate, advocates can accompany victims, survivors, their family and partners to local hospital emergency rooms and police stations.
- You may also request an advocate to accompany you to the local courts for protective orders, hearings and criminal cases pertaining to domestic and sexual violence and stalking.
- In addition, you may also request an advocate to accompany you to the Child Advocacy Center.
- You don’t have to be in crisis to call.
- The hotline is available 24-hours a day, 365 days a year.