Sexual violence impacts women of all age groups, but young women and children are at greatest risk for sexual violence.
• 41% of the most recent sexual assaults reported in the New Hampshire survey occurred by the victim’s 18th birthday and 83% occurred before the age of 25.
• The number of women who have been the victim of a sexual assault could fill Fenway Park more than 3 times over.
• Nearly 1 in 4 women in our state has been sexually assaulted.
• The perpetrator is more than likely to be someone known to the victim.The estimated number of men who have been sexually assaulted could fill the Verizon Wireless Arena more than twice.
• Young males are much more likely to be sexually assaulted than adults.
• One in 20 men reported being sexually assaulted; over two thirds (68%) of those assaults occurred before the victim’s 18th birthday.
• 50% of reported assaults occurred when the victim was age 12 or younger; another 18% occurred between ages 13 and 17.
• The perpetrator is more than likely to be someone known to the victim.
Resource: NHCADSV. Click here to see the New Hampshire Violence Against Women Survey Results by the NHCADSV.