All interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
This position is responsible for coordinating and overseeing HAVEN’s delivery of client services for clients in crisis who seek services in our offices or who reach out to us on the agency’s hotline, through our website, or by text message. This position is also responsible for delivering new advocate training and providing guidance and feedback to new advocates as well as processing with seasoned advocates.
Client Services Coordination
- Manage scheduling of night and weekend staff and direct service volunteers for HAVEN’s 24-hour hotline
- Assist in the coverage coordination of daytime direct service staff, interns, AVAPs, and volunteers.
- Maintain direct communication and coordination with all HAVEN sites.
- Liaison to Nationwide Answering Service
Provision of Client Services
- Provide client services to walk-ins and coverage of agency’s 24-hour hotline as needed
- Provide direct services to clients on the crisis line and walk-ins during office hours.
- Provide staff backup for night, weekend and holiday coverage on a rotating basis with other staff.
- Accompany survivors to hospitals, Child Advocacy Centers, courts and police stations during office hours.
- Coordinate follow-up services.
- Supervision of night staff
- Provide check-ins, processing and support for night staff volunteers after on-call shifts as needed
- Provide regularly scheduled supervision meetings with night staff.
- Provide support to AVAP’s, daytime volunteers, and interns.
- Facilitate HAVEN’s core advocate trainings.
- Coordinate and facilitate bi-monthly trainings for night staff and quarterly trainings for direct service volunteers.
- Assist with the provision of professional trainings to area service providers.
- Flexibility to travel to our entire service area.
- Participate in agency outreach events as needed.
- Attend local community meetings as assigned by the Manager of Client Services.
- Assist in special projects and assignments as required for the effective operation of the agency.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required or 3 years of related experience.
- Skills: Crisis intervention and advocacy skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, experience supervising staff or volunteers. Highly organized with attention to detail. Must complete 30 hours of advocate training prior to provision of direct service.
- Knowledge: Understanding of issues relating to sexual and domestic violence and challenges of a community-based crisis center. Knowledge of local community resources. Adequate computer knowledge, Microsoft Word, Excel and Access preferred.
- Traits: Flexible schedule, compassionate, dedicated, maintain healthy boundaries, passionate about the issue of sexual and domestic violence; professional; be culturally sensitive; team player.
STATUS OF POSITION
- Reports to: Manager Of Client Services
- Location: Rochester
- Hours per week: 40 (some on call nights and weekends required)
- Status: Benefits Eligible – Non-Exempt
From Haven’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people’s lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone’s responsibility. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion relate to and are inextricably linked with all aspects of HAVEN’s mission to end violence and change lives and how we aim to do this vital work. A commitment to issues of DEI positions HAVEN to improve the quality of the experience for our staff, volunteers, clients and community.